Marshmallows are still better when dipped in chocolate! Use purchased or home-baked marshmallows for the quick and easy treat. If desired, you can place the marshmallows on toothpicks or small skewers before dipping to make them cleaner to eat and serve.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil.
- Combine the chocolate chips and the reducing in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until liquid, stirring after every minute.
- Drop a marshmallow in the melted chocolate and deluge it slimly. Use a fork to remove it from the chocolate, and pat it against the side of the bowl to remove extra chocolate. Drag the bottom of the fork against the lip of the bowl to remove any remaining extra chocolate, and place the marshmallow on the prepared baking sheet. Alternately, you can skewer the marshmallows with toothpicks or small skewers, and use those to drop the marshmallows in chocolate. If you are using sprinkles or small candies, sprinkle them on when the chocolate is still wet. Repeat with remaining chocolate and marshmallows.
- Put the marshmallows in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
- If desired, melt the white chocolate and drizzle it over the marshmallows for a decorative look. Briefly take the candy to the refrigerator to set the white chocolate before serving.
• 1 package (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 tbsp shortening
• 1 bag large marshmallows or 1 lb homemade marshmallows
• Assorted sprinkles or small candies (optional)
• 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)